Minimum training requirements for application to join Ohio TERT include the following:
- Public Safety Telecommunicator 1 and 2 as outlined in this document and as defined in ORC 4742
- FEMA IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- FEMA IS-144.A: TERT Basic Course
- FEMA IS-700.B: Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- FEMA IS-800.D: National Response Framework, an Introduction
- FEMA IS-1200: TERT Team Leader (required for Team Supervisor and Team Leader)
- FEMA IS-5.A: Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- CJIS Certification to at least Level-4 Status. If you have a LEEDS login, you have this.
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher certification from an accredited organization and endorsed by home agency.
Other training and certifications that would be helpful, but are not required:
- FCC Amateur Radio licensure, Technician Level or above
- CISA/NPSTC COM-L, COM-T, AUXCOM, RADO certification.